Classic & Cultural Tour | 03 Days
This exclusive 3-day Sri Lanka tour package will cover Kandy, Bentota and Colombo. The city of Kandy in Sri Lanka is known as the social and cultural capital of the country. This fascinating hill country city is the perfect place for relaxing. This place is popular for many ancient Buddhist and Hindu temples and among them, the most renowned is the temple of 'Dalada Maligawa'(The Temple of the Tooth). Apart from that, this city has the largest and beautiful botanical garden in the island, known as Peradeniya Botanical Garden.
TOUR HIGHLIGHTS: Pinnawala Elephant Orphanage, Temple of Tooth Relic and Kandy city tour, Bentota beach and Madu River safari, Colombo highlights and shopping tour.
Download brochure - Click here
DAY 01 | AIRPORT PICK-UP / ELEPHANT ORPHANAGE / KANDY
Upon arrival at Katunayaka International airport you will meet BH Lanka Tours’ representative, then he will drive you to Pinnawala Elephant Orphanage, originally founded in order to protect and look after the wild elephants found wandering in and around the forests of Sri Lanka. Pinnawala has the largest herd of captive elephants in the world, where you may have the opportunity to feed them and give them a bath at the nearby river.
Thereafter, proceed to Kandy, the capital of the last Sinhalese kingdom. It’s set on a plateau surrounded by mountains, which are home to tea plantations and bio diverse rainforests. Kandy is also famous for its sacred Buddhist sites, including the Temple of the Tooth Relic. In the afternoon, you’ll enjoy a walk around Kandy’s busy city centre, including a tour of the Central Market, before engaging with a cultural dance show which is inspired by Sri Lankan arts, traditional dance and cultural heritage.
OVERNIGHT STAY : COZY MOUNT VIEW HOTEL AT KANDY
- Arrival to Sri Lanka, Colombo (Katunayake) International Airport
- Greetings by BH Lanka Airport representative
- Proceed to Kandy
- Pinnawala Elephant Orphanage/ Millennium Elephant Foundation visit
- Temple of tooth relic (UNESCO WORLD HERITAGE SITE)
- Kandy City tour (local markets / view point )– Included in the Package
- Cultural dancing show- Included in the Package
ACCOMMODATION OPTIONS :
- STANDARD HOTELS (3 STAR)| RANDHOLEE RESORT & SPA OR SIMILAR
- DELUXE HOTELS (4 STAR) | HOTEL TOPAZ OR SIMILAR
- SUPERIOR HOTELS (5 STAR) | THE GOLDEN CROWN HOTEL OR SIMILAR
DAY 02 | BENTOTA RIVER SAFARI / TURTLE HATCHERY
In the morning, you will visit the Peradeniya Royal Botanical Garden, which is one of the best botanical gardens in Asia. Thereafter, you will be heading towards Bentota. It is a breathtaking sandy beach that pretty much transforms your dreams and visions of a tropical paradise into an everyday reality. It is truly a symbol of peace, calmness and cleanness. There is plenty of space for everyone to settle in perfectly and to enjoy a sunbath to the fullest.
In the afternoon, if you are up to it, you could visit a turtle hatchery center in Kosgoda. Both locals and international volunteers are battling for the protection of sea turtles since they are endangered creatures. This place, apart from its traditional ﬁshery industries and cinnamon cultivations, was later recognized by the Wildlife Protection Society which studded the region with a Sea Turtle Conservation Project that operates on a formidable scale.
OVERNIGHT STAY : COZY BEACH RESORT AT BENTOTA
- Royal Botanical Garden
- Leisure & relax in the beach
- Madu River boat ride – Included in the Package
- Enjoy fish foot therapy – Included in the Package
- Turtle Hatchery Visit – Included in the Package
- Batik / Handcraft / Gem Museum visit- Included in the Package
ACCOMMODATION OPTIONS :
- STANDARD HOTELS (3 STAR)| THE PALMS HOTEL BERUWALA OR SIMILAR
- DELUXE HOTELS (4 STAR) | CINNAMON BEY BERUWALA OR SIMILAR
- SUPERIOR HOTELS (5 STAR) | THE EDEN BERUWALA OR SIMILAR
DAY 03 | COLOMBO CITY TOUR / AIRPORT OR HOTEL DROP-OFF
After breakfast, you’ll visit the capital city of Colombo, which has an interesting history running back to the ﬁfth century. Even in ancient times, this was an important port city in the East-West sea trade. Nowadays it has become a bustling modern town with a unique atmosphere. The colourful streets, restaurants and modern shopping malls attract hordes of locals and tourists alike.
In Colombo, you have the opportunity to visit the most highlighted places in the city and also do some last-minute shopping as well. Perhaps, you may intend to pop into a famous and internationally renowned restaurant in Colombo to end your trip over an unforgettable meal. Thereafter, we’ll drop you to the airport in time for your return ﬂight.
- Colombo city and shopping tour
- Visit Colombo Port City
- Colombo Red Mosque and Hindu Temple
- Colombo highlights: Galle Face Green, Gangarama Independent Square, ect…