Classic & Cultural Tour | 06 Days
This fantastic 6-day tour package will explore all the top tourist attractions in Sri Lanka. The fantastic journey goes around the cities of Dambulla, Kandy, Nuwara Eliya, Yala, Mirissa and Galle. Dambulla is known as the social and cultural capital of the country. This charming rural community is the ideal location for sightseeing and relaxing. This region is well known for its numerous historic sites, the most well-known of which is Sigiriya Rock Fortress.
- Pinnawala Elephant Orphanage
- Sigiriya rock Fortress
- Temple of Tooth Relic and Kandy city tour
- Bentota beach and Madu River safari
- Colombo highlights and shopping tour.
DAY 01 | VILLAGE TOUR / SIGIRIYA ROCK FORTRESS
Upon arrival, you will meet your tour guide at Colombo CMB airport, and you will then travel through the breath taking Sri Lankan countryside to Dambulla city, which serves as the island’s cultural triangle’s central point.
You will experience a fascinating cultural village tour upon landing in Dambulla while exploring the stunning countryside. It will begin with a ride in a bullock cart, one of Sri Lanka’s ancient and prime modes of transportation that is still in use in some villages. You will canoe across a lake as part of the tour, and when you arrive at a farmer’s home, you will be welcomed with the traditional hospitality of Sri Lanka’s rural areas.
You will visit the well-known Sigiriya Lion Rock in the afternoon, an old rock stronghold close to Dambulla. On top of this rock, King Kasyapa constructed his palace, and he painted vibrant frescoes on its walls. One of the most well-preserved relics of an ancient civilization is Sigiriya today. Sigiriya refuses to reveal its secrets easily; in fact, you have to climb a series of vertiginous staircases to reach the top. On the way up, you’ll pass quite remarkable frescoes and a pair of colossal lion paws carved into the bedrock.
OVERNIGHT STAY : NATURE-FRIENDLY RESORT AT SIGIRIYA
- Arrival to Sri Lanka, Colombo (Katunayake) International Airport
- Greetings by BH Lanka Airport representative
- Proceed to Dambulla
- Afternoon, Enjoy Cultural Village Tour (Bullock Cart Ride, Canoeing Boat Ride, Tuk-tuk Ride, Lunch at Farmer’s House)– Included in the Package
- In the evening, visit a world Famous Sigiriya rock fortress (UNESCO WORLD HERITAGE SITE) and capture the Sunset.
ACCOMMODATION OPTIONS :
- STANDARD HOTELS (3 STAR)| SIGIRI ASNA NATURE RESORT OR SIMILAR
- DELUXE HOTELS (4 STAR) | HOTEL SIGIRIYA OR SIMILAR
- SUPERIOR HOTELS (5 STAR) | AMAYA LAKE DAMBULLA OR SIMILAR
DAY 02 | GOLDEN CAVE TEMPLE / HISTORIC KANDY / CULTURAL SHOW
After having the delicious breakfast, visit the Golden Buddha Statue and the Royal Cave Temple (UNESCO WORLD HERITAGE SITE). The largest and best-preserved cave temple complex in Sri Lanka is found in Dambulla. Since the first century B.C. many kings greatly treasured it. Five cave temples on the rock, which climb 160 meters above the plains below, contain some of the most exceptional and important historical drawings. It would be a fantastic experience if you could climb the rock and take in the magnificent view.
Afterward, you will then visit Matale Spice Garden. Next make your way to Kandy, the capital of the last Sinhalese kingdom. It is situated on a plateau surrounded by mountains that are home to bio-diverse rainforests and tea plantations.
Kandy is a well-renowned historic site, famous for its sacred Buddhist sites, together with the Temple of the Tooth Relic (UNESCO WORLD HERITAGE SITE). You may take your own walk around Kandy’s busy city center and the lake around in the afternoon, before taking in a cultural dance performance that draws inspiration from Sri Lankan arts, traditional dance, and cultural history.
OVERNIGHT STAY : COZY MOUNT VIEW HOTEL AT KANDY
- En route to Kandy, visit the Royal Cave Temple
- Visit Matale Spice Garden– Included in the Package
- Visit the Temple Of Tooth Relic and Kandy viewpoint
- Enjoy a walk around Kandy City Center– Included in the Package
- Engage traditional dance and cultural heritage– Included in the Package
ACCOMMODATION OPTIONS :
- STANDARD HOTELS (3 STAR)| RANDHOLEE RESORT & SPA OR SIMILAR
- DELUXE HOTELS (4 STAR) | HOTEL TOPAZ OR SIMILAR
- SUPERIOR HOTELS (5 STAR) | THE GOLDEN CROWN HOTEL OR SIMILAR
DAY 03 | HILL COUNTRY PLANTATIONS AND WATERFALLS
In the morning, you will visit the Royal Botanical Garden in Sri Lanka attracts millions of tourists and locals each year as the oldest formal garden in Sri Lanka. The Peradeniya Botanical Gardens contain 4000 different flora types. The magnificent orchid collection, the regal palm trees, and the exceptional variety of Sri Lankan, Asian, and foreign foliage are a few of the gardens’ main wonders.
Afterward, you’ll have a fantastic journey through Sri Lanka’s Nuwara Eliya tea region, through waterfalls and lush greenery tea plantations. It is frequently referred to as “Little England.” because so many of the city’s buildings date back to the British colonial era, including the Queen’s Cottage, the General’s House, the Grand Hotel, the Hill Club, and the Town Post Office, This wonderful town has a chilly climate all year round because of its mountainous location.
Visit a tea plantation while traveling through the cold mist highlands. Discover the chilly, misty highlands that are covered with lush green blankets of tea plantations. Visit a tea factory to see how the prestigious brand of Ceylon Tea is processed according to a rich tradition that has been kept alive and up to date. Make sure to cap off your factory tour in style with a cup of tea that has been expertly prepared.
OVERNIGHT STAY : COZY MOUNT VIEW HOTEL AT NUWARA ELIYA
- After breakfast proceed toward Nuwara Eliya
- En route to Nuwara Eliya, visit a gem museum -Included in the Package
- visit the Royal Botanical Garden
- Visit Tea Factory– Included in the Package
- Evening walk through Nuwara Eliya city centre and the fruit and vegetable– Included in the Package
ACCOMMODATION OPTIONS :
- STANDARD HOTELS (3 STAR)| HEAVEN SEVEN HOTEL OR SIMILAR
- DELUXE HOTELS (4 STAR) | THE LYNDEN GROVE OR SIMILAR
- SUPERIOR HOTELS (5 STAR) | GALWAY HEIGHTS HOTEL OR SIMILAR
DAY 04 | TRAIN JOURNEY INTO THE MOUNTAINS / NINE ARCH
In the morning, you will enjoy a spectacular train journey from Nanu-Oya station to Ella village. This journey is known as one of the most scenic hill country train journeys in the world. Your journey starts from Nanu Oya and would reach Ella passing lush greenish tea estates, many tunnels, farming fields, villages, various types of forests, etc.
Ella is in a fantastic, eco-friendly location and is hence everyone’s favourite hill country village. The Nine Arch Bridge, a popular tourist attraction in Ella, was constructed entirely out of solid rocks, bricks, and cement, without the use of any steel at all. Ella is a fantastic location for hiking and trekking, and its most well-known journey is up “Little Adam’s Peak.” You may chill in the village centre at night, where there are lots of restaurants, pubs, and entertainment. Ella is a breathtaking location that anyone who is visiting Sri Lanka should not miss out on.
Afternoon, depart Ella in the direction of Yala.
OVERNIGHT STAY : COZY MOUNT VIEW HOTEL AT THISSAMAHARAMA
- After breakfast enjoy a train journey from Nanu-Oya to Ella– Included in the Package
- Explore the Ella village
- Visit the Nine Arch Bridge– Included in the Package
- Walking to the top of Mini Adam’s Peak– Included in the Package
- En route to Yala, visit the Ravana waterfall.
ACCOMMODATION OPTIONS :
- STANDARD HOTELS (3 STAR)| HOTEL TAMARIND TREE OR SIMILAR
- DELUXE HOTELS (4 STAR) | CHAARYA RESORT & SPA OR SIMILAR
- SUPERIOR HOTELS (5 STAR) | CINNAMON WILD OR SIMILAR
DAY 05 | YALA NATIONAL PARK / MIRISSA BEACH / WHALE WATCHING
Early morning you will enjoy a 4×4 jeep safari in Yala National Park. Yala combines a strict nature reserve with a national park. Divided into 5 blocks, the park has a protected area of nearly 130,000 hectares of land consisting of light forests, scrubs, grasslands, tanks and lagoons. Two blocks are currently opened to the public.Yala was designated a wildlife sanctuary in 1900 and was designated a national park in 1938. Yala is home to 44 varieties of mammal and 215 bird species. Among its more famous residents are the world’s biggest concentration of leopards, majestic elephants, sloth bears, sambars, jackals, spotted dear, peacocks, and crocodiles. The best time to visit Yala is between February and July when the water levels of the park are quite low, bringing animals into the open.
En-route to Mirissa, stop at Hummanaya Natural blowhole. Caused when sea water rushes through a submerged cavern and is pushed upwards. It is considered to be the second largest blowhole in the world. You have finally arrived at Sri Lanka’s magnificent seaside after an incredible journey through mountains and waterfalls. You will head to Mirissa in the morning while you take in the magnificent view of the Indian Ocean.
Thereafter you will heading to Mirissa while enjoying magnificent view of the Indian ocean. Upon arrival at your hotel, you may grab a towel to relax on the beach while enjoying a cocktail or a chill beer under the shade of a palm tree. Mirissa is hugely famous for its whale watching and dolphin watching activities (Seasonal Activity). Whale watching in Mirissa allows visitors to enjoy watching them swim and play in their natural habitat.
OVERNIGHT STAY : BEACH RESORT AT MIRISSA
- Early morning jeep safari at yala national park
- After breakfast proceed toward Mirissa.
- Hummanaya Natural blowhole
- Check-in Hotel and Relaxing on the Beach
- Enjoy the Water Sports activities (Optional activities) (Whale Watching, Jet Skiing, Snorkeling, Diving, Surfing, Fishing)
ACCOMMODATION OPTIONS :
- STANDARD HOTELS (3 STAR)| TWENTY-TWO WELIGAMBAY OR SIMILAR
- DELUXE HOTELS (4 STAR) | DICKWELLA RESORT AND SPA OR SIMILAR
- SUPERIOR HOTELS (5 STAR) | RADISSON BLU OR SIMILAR
DAY 06 | GALLE CITY TOUR / AIRPORT OR HOTEL DROP-OFF
After breakfast, you will enjoy a wonderful journey to Galle (UNESCO WORLD HERITAGE SITE), a city well-known for its Fort, along the southwest coast it is the meeting point of traditional British and Dutch architecture with a tropical setting, creating a vivid atmosphere of beauty.
Thereafter, you’ll visit a turtle hatchery centre where local and international volunteers are fighting to safeguard sea turtles since they are an endangered species. The Wildlife Protection Society examined the area with a Sea Turtle Conservation Project that runs on a significant scale and later recognized this bustling tourist destination.
After noon, you’ll visit the capital city of Colombo, which has an interesting history running back to the ﬁfth century. Even in ancient times, this was an important port city in the East-West sea trade. Nowadays it has become a bustling modern town with a unique atmosphere. The colourful streets, restaurants and modern shopping malls attract hordes of locals and tourists alike. In Colombo, you have the opportunity to visit the most highlighted places in the city and also do some last-minute shopping as well. Perhaps, you may intend to pop into a famous and internationally renowned restaurant in Colombo to end your trip over an unforgettable meal. Thereafter, we’ll drop you to the airport in time for your return ﬂight.
- Stop at Matara to witness and take pictures of the most famous Sri Lankan stilt Fishermen.
- Visit a world-famous Galle Fort & nearby popular places
- Visit a Turtle Hatchery Center– Included in the Package
- Colombo city and shopping tour– Included in the Package
- Visit Colombo Port City
- Colombo Red Mosque and Hindu Temple
- Colombo highlights: Galle Face Green, Gangarama Independent Square, ect…
- Airport drop-off